Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to update this more frequently, but I have been dead tired. As a matter of a fact, I am currently contributing to this excessive tiredness due to the fact it is 12:30 am here and I decided to post a blog. Keeping the blog seems to ground me, so I enjoy doing it. I also enjoy sleep though. I have to keep like 3 diaries of other sorts for some of my classes, which I have yet to start. I feel like those will be pushed aside more than I'm willing to admit because the blog is much more fun. I changed the title of my blog as well....now it is a little less intense, and more along the definition of 'to cavort' aka to have boisterous fun, says dictionary.com.

Last week I decided to focus on the wretched blizzard, but low and behold..it blizzard-ed again today! Had to leave the city early so our train wasnt canceled or delayed. Train delays in freezing cold are not very fun. I do not have class tomorrow, but If I am forced to go into the city I plan to explore a little bit...which I do need.

This weekend was fun. We went out to a club on Friday, stayed the same place the entire night. Danced a lot, though didn't get back until very late. It was nice to just dance though. More normal. Saturday night was Deirdre's 21st. A bunch of us gettysburgians trekked over to her and Tara's host family/house to enjoy about a 7 course meal (including cake before the appetizer, ahhhh) after which I gained about 20 pounds. But soooo yummy! Salmon, shrimp as appetizer...steak, potatoes, salad as main course...all so familiar. Then brownie and ice cream for a second dessert. I was in heaven, until the next day when we were fed a huge breakfast and then a second brunch...felt like I was gonna hurl on the train home due to excessive eating. Guess all that exercise went to no use.

This week we have class Monday and Tuesday, our usual no class Wednesdays (except if you have a field trip) and then on Thursday we leave for what is called our 'Short Study Tour' to western Denmark. You go to different cities out west depending on what program you are in (Jenni and I are different). I forget a lot of specifics but I leave Thursday morning for Århus, which is a 4 hour bus trip away from Copenhagen. We go to another city Friday and then another on Saturday before returning home. I will update you all on how it went, because hopefully after the fact, I will have knowledge as how to describe it.

Also, exciting news...5 of us: Jenni, Me, Britt, Alyssa H, and Annie all plan to go to London on Feb. 19th! Can't wait. Though booking travel is probably the most unorganized messy thing I've encountered..and this was for one city. Should be interesting when we have to do our Spring break MArch 27-April 11 travel plans.

Although I have been sooo tired and irritable this week, I am glad to say this blog is a bit more on the positive side..which this site in general definately needed.

I will write again soon! Probably Sunday.

xoxo

Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment